Not only is tomorrow Valentine’s Day, but its Winter Break. Meaning both of my kids have 2 days off, making a long weekend. Which would be fine, except they have DIFFERENT DAYS OFF making it a 5 day weekend. I need these schools to get on the same page ASAP!
So, since the kids will be home and expecting heart shaped everything, I went ahead and made these Chocolate Cherry Chewy Bars. They take maybe 30 minutes to make start to finish and are a great snack or even breakfast option for the family! Especially since they will be coming home with all their school Valentine’s party junk! It also feels pretty great to have breakfast made and ready to go the night before!
Chocolate Cherry Chewy Bars
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 scoops collagen peptides (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries, halved
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (oats, cinnamon, salt, and collagen if you are using it).
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana. Then mix in eggs and maple syrup.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients into the large bowl.
- Fold in halved cherries.
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan with a little coconut oil. Press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a fork comes out clean, and edges are starting to pull away from the sides.
- Let cool, then cut into 8 bars.
- While the bars are cooling, microwave the chocolate chips and coconut oil for 30 seconds, then stir until smooth.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce onto the bars, and chill for 30 minutes.