Its week two of the #bestsummerever and, well, I need a pick me up. While I’m not totally in the “mommy wine club”, every once in a while, Mommy does need some bourbon.
Back before we had children, oh so many years ago, we declared the fall as the Season of Bourbon. We were recently out of college, and wanting to start #adulting. Obviously adults drink bourbon. Our goal was to discovered which bourbons we liked and why, and also find cocktails around Atlanta that were delicious. Well, that was probably 10 years ago and the Season of Bourbon is still going strong. We have found our favorite distilleries and bars. We have visited the Bourbon Trail in Kentucky. And we’ve begun making our own cocktails at home. My husband loves an Old Fashioned, while I enjoy the summer vibes of my Blackberry Bourbon Smash! I use rosemary from my front yard, but I’ve also made them with mint and basil. All delish! Is there anything better than a fruity, sparkly cocktail on a hot summer day? I submit that there is not!
Blackberry Bourbon Smash
~makes 1 cocktail~
- 6 blackberries
- 1 sprig of rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 lime
- 1 shot bourbon
- Ginger ale
- In a cocktail shaker muddle blackberries, rosemary and lime juice.
- Add 4-5 ice cubes and bourbon to the shaker and shake vigorously.
- In a tumbler, strain the blackberry/bourbon combo over ice. I like using 1 big ice cube, but you do you.
- Top with ginger ale and garnish with rosemary and lime. Enjoy!
Here are some awesome cocktail accessories for all of your summer drinks!
**This post contains affiliate links**