I’m always looking for ways to up my veggie intake. Sometimes it’s with a giant salad loaded up with radishes, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Sometimes its sheet pan dinners with tons of roasted veggies. And other times I just need to get sneaky and hide the veggies in a classic dish. I present to you a sneaky supper!
My Sneaky Joes are half ground turkey, half cauliflower rice. You could also shred carrots, or finely chop some mushrooms. Either way, once everything is cooked together and covered in a sweet and smokey roasted pepper sauce (More veggies? You know it!), it’s just tasty so who cares if there is anything other than meat in the skillet.
I love to use this meat on sandwiches, of course), but it is great in a hash for breakfast or over a baked sweet potato with pepper jack melted on top. YUM!
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 RIY Red Pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 12 oz bag frozen cauliflower rice
- Make the sauce: add tomato paste, tomato sauce, roasted red pepper, smoked paprika, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, 1 tsp salt and pepper to a blender. Blend until combined and saucy.
- Brown ground turkey in a skillet (I love using a cast iron skillet for basically everything) with 1 tsp salt.
- Once the meat is fully cooked, add in the cauliflower rice.
- Add sauce. If you like it a little saucier, just add water a few teaspoons at a time until it is where you want it!
- Cook until cauliflower is warmed through, and the sauce is at your desired thickness! Enjoy!
*** This post contains affiliate links to products I use and love. ***